Thursday, March 3, 2011

Approx. 87 Days remaining! Can't wait!

So as you can see by the title of this post we have begun the count down to when out little Ethan arrives in the world. Less then 100 days and we will officially be old people according to Adam!  But it is great! The registries are done (for the most part...may add a few more things). The baby's room/ office needs work still but we are working on that still. Aside from the little things that may need to get done around the house to prepare for out little bundle of joy Mommy and Daddy are ready for our little one to get here.

So if you have been pregnant or ever been around a pregnant woman you may know that around 17 or 18 weeks you finally start to feel the little flutters of the life that is growing inside of you. At first they are weird and uncomfortable (especially when the little one keeps you up all night with their dance parties). But soon you grow to enjoy these movements and your days are spent feeling your baby's movements. I have been enjoying this movement for quite sometime now and LOVE feeling little Ethan move around! He frustrates me sometimes when others are around though because that's when he decides to sleep or not move at all for them. :( 

I am now entering the third trimester, so I hear its all down hill from here. I just can't wait for my son to be here. Lately I have been feeling this weird pressure in my belly. I thought at first that it was just my belly growing some more to make room for the little guy. And yes it is doing that of course but I realized a few days ago that it is actually Ethan laying against me. Its kind of hard to explain because, well he is inside me. But its like I can push down on my belly (gently of course) and feel his body. Last night Adam and I were sitting on the couch just talking and I felt this sensation again. So I told Adam to feel how hard one side of my belly was. It was awesome because as soon as Adam did Ethan moved a little and Adam smiled saying "Its the baby!" Adam was hooked! He felt all around my belly every time Ethan kicked or punched. We were trying to figure out how he was laying. Then Adam had his thumb on one side of my belly where it was hard (right below my ribs on the right side) and his fingers were where Ethan had recently kicked (right below my ribs on the left side). Adam put some pressure on my belly with his fingers and he felt the baby move! He was so excited! And so happy!

So approx. 87 days until our little bundle of joy enters the world! Mommy and Daddy can't wait for you to be here Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment