On Saturday May 8th, 2010 my husband Adam graduated from the University of South Carolina with his BM in Music Composition. His whole family traveled from Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach and Charleston to see him walk across the stage. He was so cute! Since the color of the tassel depends on your major and being a music major his tassel was bright pink. I made fun of him but it was really cute too. He said he was proud of it.
His family all arrived around 11-12ish and we headed out for lunch. Though because of it being Saturday in Columbia, everyone and their mother were out and eating at the exact restaurants that we wanted to go to. Figures. So we ended up with lunch at sonic, it was quick and easy so useful. We then headed to the Colonial Life Arena (the largest college arena in the state :-P ). The remainder of Adam's family arrived and we all found seats and settled in for what we thought would be a long ceremony. About an hour and a half later we were congratulating all the graduates and snapping pictures with our own graduate. I think Adam had the biggest smile on his face that I've seen since our wedding!! After all the hard work that he has put in the past four years especially this past semester he was so glad to finally be done. When we finally left the Arena we headed back to our apartment and hung out with all the family. We haven't seen them in a while so it was nice to hear about their doings. We also met our niece on Saturday who was born two short weeks before. She is beautiful! It was really cute to see my husband in his cap and gown cradle little Heidi. Our nephew Will also attended. He is one and looks giant compared to Heidi. Adam got a picture with both the little ones and I think it is my favorite picture of the day.
Now when Adam gets home from work, he freaks out for a moment trying to figure out what he has to do for school and what homework is due but then he realizes with a smile that hes done. He then promptly reminds me that he is so glad to be done. I can't wait to be done! I'm so jealous :-D. But I am very proud of my Adam, he has accomplished so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment