Thursday, December 30, 2010

Update

Forgive me my friends for promising to update this blog more often and not living up to that promise :(. That is why I am here now to do just that.  Many wonderful things have happened the past oh month and a half! So let the updating begin....

I completed my student teaching on December 3rd, which also just so happened to be my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! I was so excited to be so close to graduation that I could taste it! It was a bittersweet day however because it was hard to leave my students, especially my middle schoolers. But I know I will go back to see them sometime soon. The weekend of my birthday was spent practicing for my final jury! Which I had on December 7th. Lets just say it was pretty awesome! I am very happy with that performance! I had my final meeting with my supervisors for Student teaching, just to make sure I had all the paper work I needed. And then I was free. I had to go back to Blythewood for rehearsals for the concert that was December 14th but other than that I could sleep in for the first time in months (even though that actually never happened!). Then finally the day came, Monday December 13, 2010, my graduation day! Man was it awesome! Family and friends of ours made the trip from Myrtle Beach to watch me walk across the stage. My mentor even made it! The ceremony was very boring but when it was finally my turn to walk across the stage it was awesome! The walk back to my seat was a very powerful walk. It seemed to all be over to fast however. All the hard work, blood, sweat and tears put into my degree was over in a flash. But it was fun none the less.



 This is one of the only pictures taken at the Colonial Center due to the fact that it was so freaking crowded! It was hard to even breath let alone move to take a pictures! But it is one of my favorite pictures taken that day! My mom and dad were so proud, dad even teared up a little!

 This picture was taken when we got home from graduation! I think it is the only picture that shows how truly happy I was that day! So I am now a Graduate of the University of South Carolina! Though honestly it hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm done with school! I'm sure it will when everyone goes back and I don't have to. Weird!!

Christmas also happened which was awesome! My grandparents came up from Florida and my Aunt and Cousin came down from North Carolina to celebrate with my family! Adam and I headed up to the beach and had an enjoyable time. Here are a few pictures to recap Christmas:

                                                    Cookies that Adam, John and I decorated!

                                           Mine and Adam's Christmas tree complete with presents!

                                              My parents Christmas tree on Christmas Morning

                                          Happy Adam, got two games he had been waiting for!

    The Prack (Adam's parents) home when it snowed on December 26th. Dad Prack turned the lights on too

                                      The Prack Home at night complete with over 14,000 LED lights!

    The DeHollander home complete with lights and a fully lit Christmas tree on the front lawn unfortunately not pictured here :(


And with that I am done updating for the day! More to come soon on little Baby Prack ;)


We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment