We have wonderful and exciting news! We are going to be parents! We found out about a month ago that I am pregnant! The day we found out I cried and Adam had a huge smile on his face! This is something that I have been praying for, for many months. I have been praying about when the time was right and how we were going to take care of a tiny human. Through all my praying, I learned that patience is something learned not given right away, and I learned that the Lord's plan is what will happen regardless.
Any ways we told my parents first and they are so excited! My dad I swear cried when I first told him. He is so excited about being a grandfather! This child will be the first grandchild on my side and the fourth on Adam's. So his parents are excited, yes but mine are super excited about the first little one to come along! We then told Adam's parents and his mom did cry as a huge smile came to her face! It was awesome! We then proceeded to tell our siblings who were also excited to hear the news! It was so much fun to tell them. It was even more fun later on telling our extended families and now our friends.
I am happy to report that so far everything has been pretty easy. The extent of my morning sickness has been a little nausea most mornings that lead me to eating salty foods but that was it. Which since I am student teaching has been a blessing. Nausea I can handle because most of the time I forgot about it as the day went on due to teaching all day.
We went to the doctor last Wednesday and actually got to see the little one! It was so cool! The baby was kinda laying on his/her (sorry it's sound horrible) side just relaxing. Then as we were watching it, it rolled over and stretched out and kinda waved at us! It was so awesome, I started to cry. It is odd because though I've known for a while that I am pregnant, it wasn't real until that moment. For days prior, I had nightmares that when I got to the ultrasound, the doctors would look and nothing would be there. Early pregnancy is so hard because other than the changes happening to your body, there is no sign of a little baby growing inside you. So the moment I saw my little one stretch, it was finally real. Adam was there for the ultrasound and he never stopped smiling once! He is a proud dad already! Here are some pictures of the baby:
This one includes the baby's heart beat which was nice and strong holding out at 160 bmp!
When the ultrasound tech was measuring the heart beat, she pointed out the heart and you could really see it pounding away! Very cool! She also pointed out the baby's brain and facial bones. I am very excited about being a mom! Can you tell?
We also found out that day that my due date is May 29th, 2011! This is the day after my grandfathers birthday, and he would be thrilled if this little baby came on his birthday! :-D We have already begun to toss around names and have a few that we like, but will discuss those at a later date ;)!
Thank you to all of you who have already congratulated us as well as offered your love and support in this time of change and new beginnings! We are very very excited about being parents!


Meghan, already told you congrats on Facebook...but then I found your blog. : ) This blog made me cry...I'm so touched, and it was so touching to read your post on the reactions of your family and you! : ) So happy for you, and can't wait to meet you little one! Love ya!
ReplyDelete